Animosity is a sign of a lack of self worth. Sure there are people we don’t agree with. However, opinions contrary to ours is what enables personal growth. In an organization this can avoid the propensity towards group think. Where the only news valued is “good news.” In our personal lives. and by the way an organization is entirely a depository of people with overwhelming personal lives often in conflict. confronting who we really are is paramount to our internal and outward success.
The one place we cannot out run is our self. As we forgive our past we open opportunities once lurking in the darkness.
Want to get even with someone who tried to destroy you? Show them and show yourself (and the world) that the obstacles they tried to create were not significant enough to disable you and or destroy you. Below are a few suggestions by Fran Sorin:
- Don’t blame yourself. No one is void of making mistakes and hurting others unintentionally. It’s inevitable that you’ll hurt even the people you love most in your life.
- Go into your heart to feel compassion. If you’re not experiencing hurt or anger, it’s not difficult to do. If you are having negative feelings, breathe deeply and try to open your heart.
- Put yourself in the other person’s shoes. Whatever your story line is doesn’t matter. Imagine what you might feel if the same thing had happened to you. Having problem reaching your goals?
- Forgive yourself.
- Be patient and kind to yourself.
- Extreme emotional pain has a profound effect on the body.
- Give yourself time to heal – physically and emotionally.
If you aren’t seeing results it makes sense to get help. Work with Jim.
Jim Woods is committed to providing world class, leading edge services and products which empower individuals and organizations to fulfill their destiny. He is a life coach, self-help author and motivational speaker.
Jim Woods is a leadership development and training consultant deploying his unique abilities in character based training and strategy.
Jim is president of InnoThink Group a human resources and leadership management consulting firm. He has an absolute passion for people development and are constantly refining and adapting his programs in order to ensure that they have the maximum impact on those we serve.